Think about a prune versus a juicy plum. Which one do you want for your skin? Most people would choose the juicy plum! Dry skin is caused by a lack of oil in the skin. If your pores are not producing enough sebum to create a waxy top layer of skin, you may have rough or flaky skin that needs oil. Even if you have naturally oily skin, environmental factors can sometimes suck the hydration out of your skin. Especially now that we are experiencing colder, windier weather here in Texas.
Signs that you have dehydrated skin:
- Sensitive skin – Itchiness is one symptom of sensitive skin, as well as redness.
- Cracked Lips – Without adequate water intake, lips can become dry and cracked.
- Dull Skin – Clusters of dead skin can build up on the top layer of skin without proper hydration. Overall, this gives your complexion a dull look, and can also clog pores.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles – Just like a prune, dehydrated skin has a lot of wrinkles.
- Dark circles – Banish those dark circles not with makeup, but with hydration!
Now that you know the signs of dehydration, you can take the proper steps to make those symptoms disappear. At Mara’s Med Spa, we have multiple serums, treatments, and facial creams to help solve your dry skin problems! Come to Mara’s Med Spa today for a free consultation, where a skin care specialist will assess your skin and formulate a treatment plan that is right for you. During your consultation, a skin care specialist will look at your skin through a skin scope machine to help get a perfect analysis of just how dehydrated your skin really is!
Call Mara’s Med Spa today to book your free consultation. We have two locations in the Dallas area Metroplex. Uptown: 469-730-3333 or Highland Park: 214-373-9500.