The Fire and Ice Facial is an exclusive peel, well known in the celebrity world, has the benefits of a peel, but with no flaking or peeling, and is suitable for all skin types. This treatment is designed to be used on the face, neck and décolleté. It brightens and tightens the skin, so many have been known to have this done before a big event, which is why this is otherwise known as the “Red Carpet Facial”.
The Fire element resurfaces the skin and is comprised of 18% unbuffered glycolic acid, citric acid, lactic acid, malic acid, vitamin B3, retinol and potent antioxidants, including green tea extracts. The ice portion soothes and hydrates the skin and contains hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, Japanese tea, licorice, grape seed and rosemary extracts.
The two extremes create a perfect balance that both resurfaces and hydrates, leaving your skin feeling refreshed and glowing!
Microdermabrasion is a manual method of exfoliation that removes the top layer of the skin. A diamond-encrusted wand is passed over the surface of the skin in order to remove the top layer and a vacuum removes this dead skin as well as other debris that has accumulated in the pores, revealing fresh, clear skin!
This treatment on its own or in conjunction with other treatments has many anti-aging qualities such as:
- Smooths coarsely textured skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Decreases pore size
- Reduces superficial hyperpigmentation
- Decreases the appearance of scarring
- Microdermabrasion can be done on their own every 2–4 weeks in order to keep skin looking fresh or can be used in conjunction with other treatments we offer at Mara’s Med Spa, to help enhance results.