The collagen production in our skin is dependent on our age. When we’re young our skin has abundant collagen, as we begin to age the collagen in our skin begins to deplete leaving static wrinkles. It happens because with us our skin ages too and tends to lose its elasticity refraining it from coming back to its original state after each time we use our facial muscles in smiling or giving expressions. This way the wrinkles that we get while giving facial expressions become permanent on our face. Medical spas these days recommend dermal fillers that treat this collagen deficiency which your skin develops as it ages. One of dermal fillers widely used by dermatologists is Juvederm.
Types of Juvederm Fillers
Juvederm fillers are of many types and the best one for you needs to be decided by your dermatologist.
- Juvederm Hydrate: This one improves skin hydration and elasticity. It’s more of a hydrating agent that keeps skin moisturized and retains the glow.
- Juvederm Volift: This one makes the skin look smooth and look natural.
- Juvederm Voluma: This one gets injected into the cheek to revive its suppleness.
- Juvederm Ultra 4: This filler is used for correcting the deep wrinkles and to enhance the volume in cheeks and chin.
- Juvederm Ultra 2: This filler is used to correct the facial lines and skin depressions. This filler is also used to improve lip contour.
Things to Know About Juvederm Fillers
- People think Juvederm is for wrinkles only, but it’s actually more than that. It can be used to treat acne scars, lifting sagging skin & cheeks, reducing fat from face and even for fixing the shape of your lips.
- Juvederm injections results in mild swelling which might last up to two weeks. However, there are ways to reduce this swelling like saying no to alcohol, fish oil, blood thinning medicines, vitamin E and NSAID drugs like aspirin for two weeks after the treatment.
- The treatment might result in some lumps on your skin which is normal. They usually go away in a few days, but if they don’t ask your dermatologist to give you heat massage to smooth the lumps out.
- It is advised that after getting Juvederm filler injections you must not go for another facial treatment like for chemical peels or any other laser treatment. You should wait for at least a week.
- If you’re unsatisfied with the results of Juvederm injections the good thing is that these results are not permanent. You can undo these changes on your face by dissolving them “Hyaluronidase” injection.
Make an Appointment
The results of Juvederm dermal fillers last for about six months to one year. The results and expectations may not match in some cases, but almost all of the customers get complete satisfaction from the procedure.
If you are ready to start working on your skin care goals, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Mara’s Med Spa to find out how we can help you! To learn more about these innovative treatments and to schedule your consultation at one of our Dallas locations, just call or text 469.730.3333. We are located in Uptown Dallas across from the Crescent, Moxie’s and the Ritz Carlton and in the Highland Park Preston Center Shopping Center near North Park Mall off of the Toll Road and Northwest Highway.